- A number representing a person’s reasoning ability (measured using problem-solving tests) as compared to the statistical norm or average for their age, taken as 100.More example sentences
- Intelligence tests usually give a score expressed as an intelligence quotient or IQ.
- The intelligence quotient averaged one hundred and fifty points, the highest among them excelling to over one hundred and eighty, in some few cases.
- The children were of average intelligence quotient and aged 7-11 years.
More definitions of intelligence quotientDefinition of intelligence quotient in:
- The British & World English dictionary