- 1A person or thing that intensifies, in particular.More example sentences
- You can also use it in conjunction with other intensifiers, such as descending sets.
- Flavor intensifiers are being tested as a way to promote weight loss and an alternative diet.
- We've compiled the 10 best intensifiers - proven methods for recharging your progress - and, this month, we'll analyze five.
- 1.1 Photography A chemical used to intensify a negative.More example sentences
- He later used a silver-based intensifier to enhance the foreground of this famous negative.
- 1.2 Grammar An adverb used to give force or emphasis, for example, really in my feet are really cold.More example sentences
- Some words and phrases used as quantifiers can also be used as intensifiers, as in: much nicer; much less; many more; a little better; a lot older; a lot too old; a bit too much.
- You could argue, of course, that the over- of oversimplistic is chiefly an intensifier.
- It belongs to the class that grammarians call intensifiers.
- 1.3 short for image intensifier.
More definitions of intensifierDefinition of intensifier in:
- The British & World English dictionary