Definition of intentionality in English:
1The fact of being deliberate or purposive.
- Therefore, intentionality and deliberate programming done in camps often resulted in positive youth development.
- As I have already outlined, a social fact for Searle is any fact that involves collective intentionality.
- Any fact that involves shared collective intentionality is a social fact.
1.1 Philosophy The quality of mental states (e.g., thoughts, beliefs, desires, hopes) that consists in their being directed toward some object or state of affairs.
- The latter, it will be recalled, is characterized by intentionality, directedness towards an object.
- But, alas, such a clear and distinct view of mental intentionality still eludes philosophers of mind.
- But the primary phenomena of intentionality are conscious experiences, including conscious thoughts.
Definition of intentionality in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.