Definition of intentionality in English:
1The fact of being deliberate or purposive.
- Therefore, intentionality and deliberate programming done in camps often resulted in positive youth development.
- As I have already outlined, a social fact for Searle is any fact that involves collective intentionality.
- Any fact that involves shared collective intentionality is a social fact.
1.1 Philosophy The quality of mental states (e.g., thoughts, beliefs, desires, hopes) that consists in their being directed toward some object or state of affairs.
- The latter, it will be recalled, is characterized by intentionality, directedness towards an object.
- But, alas, such a clear and distinct view of mental intentionality still eludes philosophers of mind.
- But the primary phenomena of intentionality are conscious experiences, including conscious thoughts.
Definition of intentionality in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan