- The theory that there are two entities, mind and body, each of which can have an effect on the other.More example sentences
- Hence interactionism violates physical closure after all.
- The dualistic theory known as interactionism is most commonly associated with Descartes.
- With the advent of interactionism and labelling theory in the 1960s, attention turned to the importance of societal reaction in constructing deviant or delinquent acts.
- More example sentences
- He was a dualistic interactionist, who thought that the rational soul and the body have a causal influence on each other.
- But the dualist views we are considering deny epiphenomenalism: they are interactionist views.
- The notion of interpersonal congruence arises from the social psychological framework of identity negotiation, which in turn grew out of the writings of the early symbolic interactionists.
More definitions of interactionismDefinition of interactionism in:
- The British & World English dictionary