Definition of intercostal in English:
Situated between the ribs: the fifth left intercostal space
More example sentences
- The diaphragm electrode was inserted at the ventral end of the seventh or eighth intercostal space.
- There were 3 smaller satellite lesions occupying the left first, fifth, and eighth intercostal spaces.
- Referral to a subspecialist also may be considered for patients who have more generalized pain related to irritation of a thoracic or intercostal nerve root.
nounBack to top
A muscle situated between the ribs.
- Fold your left leg over your right knee and cross over with your elbows to hit the transverse abdominus, intercostals and obliques.
- Another name for something similar to Tietze's syndrome is costal chondritis, which is the inflammation of the intercostals between the ribs.
Words that rhyme with intercostalhostel, Pentecostal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.