Definition of interfacial in English:
1Included between two faces of a crystal or other solid.
- The alcohol molecules replace the interfacial water molecules.
- The study of water crystallization and melting in the Lanreotide acetate samples showed the existence of three different water states: bulk water, interfacial water, and nonfreezing water.
- The lines represent the free energy of the interfacial water between the faces of adjacent quarterspheres.
2Of, relating to, or forming a common boundary between two portions of matter or space.
- Once a nucleus of the new phase exceeds a critical size, movement of constituents across the interfacial boundary commonly increases any one dimension at a constant rate.
- Of particular interest in these studies has been the ability to map singlet oxygen diffusion across an interfacial boundary into a different phase-separated domain.
- The present study tests the possibilities that the proteins might promote adsorption either by producing a more fluid bilayer or by creating interfacial boundaries.
Definition of interfacial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan