- Of, relating to, or situated between two or more galaxies: intergalactic gasMore example sentences
- These larger jets shoot out from galaxies into the intergalactic medium.
- A dense region of intergalactic gas cools to form several smaller galaxies, which merge to form a larger galaxy with a super massive black hole.
- As charged particles, cosmic rays are deflected by galactic and intergalactic magnetic fields during their travel to Earth.
More definitions of intergalacticDefinition of intergalactic in:
- The British & World English dictionary