Definition of intermarriage in English:
1Marriage between people of different races, castes, or religions: the main reason for the increase in intermarriage is probably greater religious and ethnic tolerance
More example sentences
- By 1900, intermarriages with other nationalities were more common, most of them occurring with Germans, but also with Austrians, Hungarians, and Poles.
- More than two-thirds of Cape Verdean population ancestry is Creole, descended from the intermarriages between the Portuguese settlers and black Africans.
- These networks were further cemented by intermarriages and mutual help alliances.
1.1Marriage between close relations.
- However, contributing to more distinct group of health problems is the growing trend of marriage between close relatives or what Vickie calls intermarriage.
- Firstly, it is said that when my parents met their families were neighbours and related by intermarriage.
- It's not the intermarriages per se that cause defects.
Words that rhyme with intermarriagecarriage, disparage, Harwich, marriage, miscarriage
Definition of intermarriage in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.