- Penal banishment from a part of one’s own country.More example sentences
- In the Soviet era, political purges killed millions and sent millions more to hard labor or internal exile.
- Many of these were intellectuals, who had suffered imprisonment and internal exile or lived for periods abroad, whose values were very different from those of plebeian incomers.
- Prison was followed by internal exile and attempted suicide.
More definitions of internal exileDefinition of internal exile in:
- The British & World English dictionary