Definition of interprovincial in English:
Existing or carried on between provinces of the same country.
- The driving force is a 1994 federal, provincial and territorial agreement designed to break down interprovincial trade barriers.
- How would this impact on the interprovincial relations, given that private property is provincial jurisdiction.
- Really, this was one area that was long overdue and kept Ontario students from keeping on par with their interprovincial counterparts.
noun(usually interprovincials) Back to top
1A sports tournament between different provinces of the same country.
- Carlow squash will be very strongly represented at the Junior interprovincials in Galway this weekend with 20 players from the club selected.
- Bennett joins fellow Old Selbornian Reece Basson next week for the interprovincials in Pietermaritzburg.
- Border play their first official interprovincial of the summer when they take on Eastern Province in the Mercedes-Benz Challenge, a limited-overs game, next Saturday at Buffalo Park.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.