Definition of interrogatory in English:
- Since you are not an investigator, save additional interrogatory questions for those who are.
- Professor Ruse's interrogatory title probably reflects a vital question for important sectors of American society.
- But snobbery aside, could it be that a fashion for interrogatory esotericism does not stop with dusty academics?
noun (plural interrogatories)Law Back to top
- The Former Directors have offered to answer written interrogatories from the Insurer and to have such answers included in sworn affidavits.
- He also claims it is unconstitutional to even require him to provide the discovery information the plaintiffs seek in the case - answers to interrogatories, and copies of documents.
- He would have to answer written interrogatories.
Mid 16th century: the noun from medieval Latin interrogatoria, plural of interrogatorium; the adjective from late Latin interrogatorius, based on Latin interrogare (see interrogate).
Words that rhyme with interrogatoryderogatory, supererogatory
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.