- 1A person or thing that interrupts.More example sentences
- Alas, he makes nonsense of the whole thing by making the interrupters working-class busybodies of our own time, who would be watching Corrie rather than spending £20 a head heckling an ancient play.
- He is very good at it and doesn't need the ministrations of censors, interrupters, and editors who thoughtfully cut out important parts of his statements or replies.
- Usually to be found at private dinner parties, interrupters do not themselves tell anecdotes, they persistently correct the anecdotes of their loved ones.
- 1.1A device that automatically breaks an electric circuit if a fault develops.More example sentences
- Depending how you planned your workshop, make sure to set up individual outlets for your large power equipment with ground fault circuit interrupter to prevent any electrical shocks from occurring.
- Be sure ground fault circuit interrupters are specified for all electrical receptacles.
- The aircraft applicable ground fault circuit interrupter interrupts a circuit when a current imbalance is sensed.
More definitions of interrupterDefinition of interrupter in:
- The British & World English dictionary