1A person or thing that interrupts.
- Alas, he makes nonsense of the whole thing by making the interrupters working-class busybodies of our own time, who would be watching Corrie rather than spending £20 a head heckling an ancient play.
- He is very good at it and doesn't need the ministrations of censors, interrupters, and editors who thoughtfully cut out important parts of his statements or replies.
- Usually to be found at private dinner parties, interrupters do not themselves tell anecdotes, they persistently correct the anecdotes of their loved ones.
1.1A device that automatically breaks an electric circuit if a fault develops.
- Depending how you planned your workshop, make sure to set up individual outlets for your large power equipment with ground fault circuit interrupter to prevent any electrical shocks from occurring.
- Be sure ground fault circuit interrupters are specified for all electrical receptacles.
- The aircraft applicable ground fault circuit interrupter interrupts a circuit when a current imbalance is sensed.
Words that rhyme with interruptercorrupter, disrupter
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of interrupter in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.