- 1Existing or occurring between the sexes: intersexual selection, or mate choice, was, to Darwin, the job of femalesMore example sentences
- Because intra- and intersexual selection can affect traits either jointly or separately, differences in sexual selection can provide insight into patterns of dimorphism between species.
- Pulse rate, on the other hand, is less likely to be an important trait in intersexual selection.
- It is increasingly recognized that, in some species, other aspects of intersexual selection, such as sexual coercion, can be equally important in shaping the mating system.
- 2Relating to or having the condition of being intermediate between male and female.More example sentences
- In this paper we will focus on establishing how often intersexual conditions occur, and what conditions should be considered intersexual.
- Use of the dominant allele is critical, as the absence of all dsx activity results in intersexual flies, not males.
- However, a small percentage of males showed male intersexual phenotypes at 25°.
- More example sentences
- When I was doing first year women's studies I watched a video called ‘The Opposite Sex,’ which dealt briefly with intersexuality.
- There does appear to be a growing awareness of intersexuality in the media and pop culture.
- Such images look very much like (in fact, some of them are!) medical illustrations, and including them would perpetuate the medical/pathological model of intersexuality that I am trying to challenge.
More definitions of intersexualDefinition of intersexual in:
- The British & World English dictionary