- Of or denoting the area of a seashore that is covered at high tide and uncovered at low tide.More example sentences
- Only tiny phytoplankton are found throughout the area, although intertidal zones in the south contain kelp beds.
- The coastal intertidal zone is the area between the low and high tide zones that is not quite oceanic and not quite terrestrial.
- Turtles may hatch from a nest on land in the state of Queensland and scramble down to the sea across intertidal areas that are state managed and controlled.
More definitions of intertidalDefinition of intertidal in:
- The British & World English dictionary