- Training in which an athlete alternates between two activities, typically requiring different rates of speed, degrees of effort, etc..More example sentences
- Ivers also is credited as one of the first people to adopt and apply the concept of interval training to equine athletes.
- His study found that in a 30 minute workout, athletes doing interval training can burn up to 450 calories an hour.
- Regardless of what activity you choose, research has shown that interval training - alternating between levels of high and low intensity - is unmatched in terms of fat-burning potential.
More definitions of interval trainingDefinition of interval training in:
- The British & World English dictionary