Definition of intricate in English:
Very complicated or detailed: an intricate network of canals
More example sentences
- He was himself a batik designer and his love of detail and intricate design is apparent in his artwork.
- I seem to remember my dreams in unusually intricate detail and twice as often as most people.
- The intricate detail and structure of this miniscule world is breathtaking.
late Middle English: from Latin intricat- 'entangled', from the verb intricare, from in- 'into' + tricae 'tricks, perplexities'.
- Example sentences
- His creations are an actor's dream, intricately detailed and enigmatic.
- The third a priori is that all aspects of the universe and all beings within it are intricately interdependent.
- For some reason, plants that have gentler tones of colour seem to be intricately constructed and merit close-up attention.