adjectiveBotany & Zoology
1Turned inward. The opposite of extrorse.
More example sentences
- Anthers are introrse and fused longitudinally through many papillae, in such a way that they form a cuff around the ovary.
- Five introrse anthers are united to form a cylinder around the style while the separate filaments are attached to the base of the corolla tubes.
mid 19th century: from Latin introrsus, from introversus 'turned inward'.
- More example sentences
- Another object of the present invention is to provide a breaking-line cutting machine for the twist-off bottle cap in which the blade of a cutting set is introrsely curved that provides a swiftly, precisely and safely cutting of the twist-off caps and insures a good quality.
- It is characterized in the introrsely curved inner edge of the cutting set by which the contact area between cutting set and the bottle cap is enlarged in order to make a precise and neat dashed breaking-line in the cap.
Definition of introrse in:
- The British & World English dictionary