Definition of introverted in English:
1Of, denoting, or typical of an introvert.
- At school age they become cautious, quiet and introverted.
- For example, in any group of people some may be reserved and introverted, while others may be extremely boisterous and extroverted.
- An introverted infant will remain introverted for life, suggests recent research.
1.1(Of a community, company, or other group) concerned principally with its own affairs; inward-looking or parochial.
- Think of how grey, introverted, small-minded and parochial Scotland can sometimes be.
- Sectionalism and the Civil War exacerbated these conditions, giving rise to xenophobia and a more introverted society.
- Much of the time the different communities lived in introverted quarters, clustered around a mosque, a church or a synagogue.
Words that rhyme with introvertedextroverted
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan