Definition of intrusive in English:
1Causing disruption or annoyance through being unwelcome or uninvited: that was an intrusive question tourist attractions that are environmentally intrusive
More example sentences
- But the most intrusive questions come on departure.
- Her tone's informal, friendly and modest, even when she's fending off unwanted or intrusive questions - of which there prove to be several.
- With each intrusive question, I became more stoic and stiff.
3 Geology Of, relating to, or formed by intrusion.
- Variably serpentinized Devonian mafic and ultramafic intrusive rocks occur in the western and northern parts of the map area.
- The early Permian rifting in the North Atlantic involved siliciclastic sedimentation in extensional basins and widespread extrusive and intrusive magmatic activity.
- In addition, a number of intrusive centres, lava flows and dykes crop out in the NW corner of the island (close to Cap St. Andre).
- Example sentences
- The result is ham-handed unrolling of the backstory and awkward dialogue that intrusively narrates when it might better have shut the hell up.
- I've wondered why pop-up ads and new larger sized, intrusively placed ads are so annoying.
- Many local houses will be overshadowed by buildings which are intrusively near and over-sized for the neighbourhood.
- Example sentences
- Allegedly to reduce the incidence and intrusiveness of such searches, the government is pressing forward with plans to do background checks on travelers, again without regard to suspicion.
- The intrusiveness of electronic surveillance, its great potential for abuse, and its infringement on traditional expectations of privacy all distinguished it from old-fashioned eavesdropping.
- But that hardly eliminates the need for reform, in reducing the severity of sentences and the intrusiveness of drug law enforcement, and shifting to more selective, targeted enforcement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan