- The rubbing of ointment or oil into the skin.More example sentences
- Inhalation enables the oils to pass into the bloodstream via the lungs, and inunction through the skin.
- Ethyl linoleate was applied dropwise, after which it was spread by inunction to the donor site.
- Treatment can be administered by injection, by inunction and by the oral route.
late 15th century: from Latin inunctio(n-), from inunguere 'smear on'.
More definitions of inunctionDefinition of inunction in:
- The British & World English dictionary