Definition of inurn in English:
Place or bury (something, especially ashes after cremation) in an urn.
- The cremains of no more than two persons, who are members of the same family, may be inurned in one niche.
- When and where appropriate, inurning of cremains can be made by American Heritage Cremation Society.
- Bruce and Frances were cremated and the cremains enurned at Swan Lake Memorial Gardens in Peoria, Illinois.
- Example sentences
- Only the urns of the size specified by Saint Isaacs will be used for inurnment in the columbarium.
- In recent years, cremation with inurnment of the cremains, rather than burial, has become more common.
- Today, entombment or inurnment in a mausoleum is available to most anyone, and more affordable than ever.
Definition of inurn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan