- A law stating that the intensity of an effect such as illumination or gravitational force changes in inverse proportion to the square of the distance from the source.More example sentences
- Hooke replied to Newton that his own theory involved an inverse square law for gravitational attraction.
- Electromagnetism has a classical inverse square law (like Newton's classical law of gravitational attraction), and infinite range.
- The law that Newton discovered was the inverse square law of gravitation - a simple law, but one with great mathematical beauty.
More definitions of inverse square lawDefinition of inverse square law in:
- The British & World English dictionary