- An enzyme produced by yeast that catalyzes the hydrolysis of sucrose, forming invert sugar. Also called sucrase.More example sentences
- Enzymes shown are invertase, sucrose synthase, cytosolic AGPase, and plastidic AGPase.
- Stressed cells also had higher activities of sucrose cleaving enzymes, such as alkaline invertase and sucrose synthase.
- Grape sugar is mainly composed of glucose and fructose, produced after sucrose hydrolysis by invertase during grapevine maturation.
More definitions of invertaseDefinition of invertase in:
- The British & World English dictionary