- 1An apparatus that converts direct current into alternating current.More example sentences
- An electronic inverter converts the direct-current power from the solar panel to usable house current.
- The inverter converts the direct current produced by the solar panels into AC power that can be used in the home or fed back into a utility power grid system.
- An integral inverter changes the direct current to alternating current for transmission into the facility's electrical distribution systems.
- 2 Electronics A device that converts either of the two binary digits or signals into the other.More example sentences
- I bought a couple of inverters, slim metal discs that sit on the data ports and change true signals to false, and false signals to true.
- The inverters supplied with the Vantec tubes support two devices, so we plugged both the long tubes into that.
- Current controller for controlling a current flowing in a load using a PWM inverter and method used thereby
More definitions of inverterDefinition of inverter in:
- The British & World English dictionary