Definition of invincible in English:
Too powerful to be defeated or overcome: an invincible warrior
More example sentences
- Proud and arrogant, they thought themselves secure and invincible.
- The sun is invincible, unconquerable, the highest ideal of the self and the highest aspiration of the soul.
- Labour's previously invincible electoral machine lost the safe seat of Brent East.
- Example sentences
- The other Allies would have to take over their Berlin sectors in due course, but Stalin wanted to be massively and invincibly in possession of the city before the Americans and the British could get there.
- The cliché is invincibly true: Deeds speak louder than words.
- Passionate, energetic and invincibly cheerful: the qualities of his final book are also a monument to the man himself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.