- Preoccupation with one’s inner self; concern with spiritual or philosophical matters rather than externalities.More example sentences
- Their emphasis is on inwardness and the spiritual life, a differentiation between the self of the body and that of the true self, or tman.
- Crucially, Capildeo's descriptions of arid, dormant inwardness reveal a preoccupation with the static or unchanging, which relates to her book's encounter with myth.
- If the Chinese sages had it right, there's something about womanhood and its yin energy that embraces inwardness, acceptance, inner strength, compassion, joy.
More definitions of inwardnessDefinition of inwardness in:
- The British & World English dictionary