- A solid used in ion exchange, typically a special cross-linked synthetic resin or a zeolite.More example sentences
- Ion exchange is a reversible exchange of ions between a solid ion exchanger and a liquid solution.
- Because of the high density of fixed negative charges associated with the sulfate groups of heparin, the matrix acts like a cationic ion exchanger that regulates the release of histamine during exocytosis.
- The water was purified by percolation through a mixed bed ion exchanger followed by an activated carbon column and a microfilter.
More definitions of ion exchangerDefinition of ion exchanger in:
- The British & World English dictionary