- A quantity representing the strength of the electric field in a solution, equal to the sum of the molalities of each type of ion present multiplied by the square of their charges.More example sentences
- High ionic strength chloride solutions are useful in many geological, environmental and industrial processes.
- Sodium chloride solutions having ionic strengths of 14.5 mM - 145 mM were prepared using distilled water, with sorbitol added as appropriate to maintain isotonicity.
- Adjusting the ionic strength of the surrounding solution and adding volume-excluding polymers provides additional control.
More definitions of ionic strengthDefinition of ionic strength in:
- The British & World English dictionary