noun (plural iridectomies)
- A surgical procedure to remove part of the iris.More example sentences
- For acute closed angle glaucoma, a peripheral iridectomy is performed to create a hole in the iris that allows for an increased flow of aqueous humor within the eye.
- It can lead to complete vision loss within 24 hours and is an emergency, necessitating urgent treatment with pressure-lowering medications combined with an iridectomy.
- Peripheral iridectomy is performed in cases of angle closure glaucoma, both in the affected eye and prophylactically in the other eye.
More definitions of iridectomyDefinition of iridectomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary