Inflammation of the iris of the eye.
More example sentences
- The most common type of uveitis is an inflammation of the iris called iritis (anterior uveitis).
- The most common cause of iritis is juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Scratchy, well defined pain indicates a corneal problem, whereas a dull, deeper pain usually indicates a more serious condition (such as acute angle closure glaucoma, iritis, or scleritis).
- More example sentences
- An eye dosed with the compound and promptly washed had slight conjunctivitis which no corneal or iritic effect and was normal within 3 days.
- Washing the eye at 30 seconds alleviated the conjunctival and iritic symptoms and prevented the development of corneal lesions.
- Corneal disease was the most common cause of blindness in study groups, followed by iritic disease and cataract while the main cause of poor vision was cataract, then corneal and iritic diseases.