- 1A steam locomotive.More example sentences
- But as the romance of steam shows, the symbolic power of the iron horse remains to this day as an emblem of a bygone masculine world.
- The railroad in America was sometimes called the iron horse, but in Russia (as in America) it was a wood-based system.
- More than one iron horse came to a sudden and explosive end because its crew were sinking pints nearby, forgetting all about the rising pressure gauge and the screwed-down safety valves.
- 1.1 (Iron Horse) see Gehrig, Lou.
More definitions of iron horseDefinition of iron horse in:
- The British & World English dictionary