Definition of ironbark in English:
An Australian eucalyptus tree with thick, solid bark and hard, dense, durable timber.
- Genus Eucalyptus, family Myrtaceae: several species
- I drive up the Parade and daily I am made happy by the row of mighty ironbarks on its median strip.
- Most people know about the famous Mediterranean herbs such as basil and oregano, but Peter's passion is to introduce people to Australian herbs such as lemon ironbark and bolwarra.
- The piles were tarred ironbark and the beams were kauri with iron brackets to brace them.
Definition of ironbark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia