A system of belief or action that disregards or contradicts rational principles.
- In this sense, perhaps the best way to fight irrationalism is by promoting rationalism.
- But toward the end of his life, irrationalism has become an ideology.
- Overnight, the tendency of naturalistic rationalism to decay into postmodern irrationalism became a national joke.
irrationalist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- The ‘logic’ offered, which would have pleased the irrationalists to no end, goes something like this.
- On a different plane, Gramsci himself had not been spared the influence of some irrationalist trends.
- The Greens and Democrats have become two variants of the economic irrationalist left.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of irrationalism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.