adjective & adverb• informal
- Regardless.More example sentences
- Use words correctly, irregardless of how others use them.
- Is the user expected to open the files irregardless of warnings?
- And if you do that, then irregardless of who wins, you've done your civic duty.
Irregardless is widely heard, perhaps arising under the influence of such perfectly correct forms as irrespective , but should be avoided by careful users of English. Use regardless to mean ‘without regard or consideration for’ or ‘nevertheless’.
More definitions of irregardlessDefinition of irregardless in:
- The British & World English dictionary