Not connected with or relevant to something.
- Motive is important in detection and in arguing a case in court, but it is irrelevant to sentencing.
- The fact that they were under a compliance audit at this time is largely irrelevant to the issue.
- The Tories are totally irrelevant to this whole issue.
beside the point, immaterial, not pertinent, not germane, off the subject, unconnected, unrelated, peripheral, extraneous, inapposite, inapplicable;
unimportant, inconsequential, insignificant, trivial;
See immaterial (usage).
- Example sentences
- He repeats - completely irrelevantly - the silliest and most discredited canards.
- That last line was added rather irrelevantly, but that is the Dean method.
- He added irrelevantly that the event had long enjoyed bi-partisan political support.
Words that rhyme with irrelevantrelevant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.