- Not connected with or relevant to something.More example sentences
- Motive is important in detection and in arguing a case in court, but it is irrelevant to sentencing.
- The fact that they were under a compliance audit at this time is largely irrelevant to the issue.
- The Tories are totally irrelevant to this whole issue.
- More example sentences
- He repeats - completely irrelevantly - the silliest and most discredited canards.
- That last line was added rather irrelevantly, but that is the Dean method.
- He added irrelevantly that the event had long enjoyed bi-partisan political support.
See immaterial (usage).