- (Especially of fluid motion) not rotational; having no rotation.More example sentences
- The fluid is irrotational at all points, except next to a vortex street wake behind the fish.
- In essence, 3D flows can be considered as complex combinations of irrotational and rotational strains that vary in space with time.
- In addition, the postulated role of vorticity production near the head is at variance with inviscid, irrotational models.
More definitions of irrotationalDefinition of irrotational in:
- The British & World English dictionary