- A gaseous hydrocarbon isomeric with butane.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH3CH(CH3)2
- And so, Kelley knew just what to do as 128.3 tons of vaporized poisons - including sulfur dioxide, hexane, carbon monoxide, isobutane - began sifting earthward.
- The end result is the addition of isobutane to isobutylene to form isooctane, the molecule that is the basis of octane ratings seen at the gas pumps.
- Residents are exposed to photochemical smog, airborne particles, and alkane hydrocarbons (e.g., propane, isobutane, n-butane).
More definitions of isobutaneDefinition of isobutane in:
- The British & World English dictionary