- Having the same numbers of electrons or the same electronic structure.More example sentences
- Because molecules of carbon dioxide are isoelectronic with nitrous oxide molecules, he or she can assume that nitrous oxide will react similarly to the way in which carbon dioxide reacts in the experiment.
- Likewise, the chloride ion is isoelectronic with argon.
- Replacement of two BH - units with the isoelectronic CH moiety leads to the formation of carboranes.
More definitions of isoelectronicDefinition of isoelectronic in:
- The British & World English dictionary