- A line on a map connecting points having the same amount of rainfall in a given period.More example sentences
- These are rainfall isohyets (in mm) for the Maitland flood event of February 1955.
- This area belongs to the carob tree forest located in a saline depression between the annual 300-400 mm isohyets.
- Not surprisingly, the isohyets match these vegetation zones closely, as they should.
late 19th century: from iso- 'equal' + Greek huetos 'rain'.
More definitions of isohyetDefinition of isohyet in:
- The British & World English dictionary