1Characterized by or producing a constant speed.
- In isokinetic contractions, the speed of contraction remains constant.
- Has anyone here ever done any isokinetic testing?
- This result was consistent for both isokinetic and isometric measurements.
1.1 Physiology Relating to muscular action with a constant rate of movement.
- We confirmed the multifactorial origin of muscular injuries and showed a heterogeneous isokinetic profile.
- It may be assumed that the postoperative isokinetic deficit is caused by neuromuscular dysfunction.
- Although our patients did not undergo isokinetic testing, no strength deficits by manual testing were noted.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of isokinetic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.