Definition of isoniazid in English:
A synthetic compound used as a bacteriostatic drug, chiefly to treat tuberculosis.
- A derivative of nicotinic acid and hydrazine; chemical formula: C5H5NCONHNH2
- Even the addition of a bactericidal drug streptomycin to isoniazid only resulted in a marginal increase to 49 per cent.
- Most patients with latent tuberculosis are treated with isoniazid administered daily for nine months.
- Drug susceptibility patterns to isoniazid and rifampicin by the conventional method showed complete association with E-test results.
Definition of isoniazid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.