- A liquid alcohol, used as a solvent and in the industrial production of acetone.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH3CHOHCH3
- For example, each molecule of isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) has eight hydrogen atoms in one of three environments.
- Historically, the first petrochemical was isopropanol, produced in bulk by Standard Oil of New Jersey in 1920.
- We have also made measurements in aqueous mixtures with four other alcohols: methanol, n-propanol, isopropanol, and isobutanol.
More definitions of isopropanolDefinition of isopropanol in:
- The British & World English dictionary