- (Especially of an imaginary line or surface on a map or chart) connecting points in the ocean where the water has the same density.More example sentences
- Redfield ratios of remineralization are calculated based on chemical data analysis on isopycnal surfaces.
- It is further shown that features of the spatial structure of isopycnal displacement and velocity scales may be inferred from a single station that measures potential energy fluctuations.
- Since the isopycnal surfaces move with the fluid, this representation is in fact quasi-Lagrangian.
More definitions of isopycnalDefinition of isopycnal in:
- The British & World English dictionary