Definition of italicize in English:
Set (text) in italics: she italicized the title [no object]: use this key to italicize
More example sentences
- Almost every 10th word on a page is italicized, which is a flaw for two reasons.
- Legal citations are italicized and footnoted in the text.
- The strikethrough font identifies original language proposed for deletion while proposed changes are italicized in bold font.
- Example sentences
- The italicisation of quotations is in the original.
- One of the several accepted uses of italicisation in a text is to signal that a word or phrase is foreign.
- In case it is impossible to use italicisation one may underline the italicised parts of the examples above.
Definition of italicize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.