- A compound used as an anthelmintic in veterinary medicine and as a treatment for river blindness.More example sentences
- The anthelmintic agent ivermectin has been used both orally and topically for head lice but is not licensed for this purpose.
- Treatment was revolutionized in 1987 when ivermectin, already used in veterinary medicine, was registered for human therapy.
- Oral ivermectin is used for treatment of intestinal parasites, but recently has been proposed as an alternative agent for head lice infestation.
More definitions of ivermectinDefinition of ivermectin in:
- The British & World English dictionary