- Honor, reputation, or prestige: the izzat of the household was at stakeMore example sentences
- The concept of dowry is so deeply rooted that even young women and men who seek to rebel against society by opposing dowry cannot do it wholeheartedly because there are issues of family honour (maanam, izzat, maan etc.) at stake.
- It's the power and prestige, respect, izzat, that becomes primary.
- To Asian families izzat - honour - is all important.
Persian and Urdu, from Arabic ῾izza 'glory'.
More definitions of izzatDefinition of izzat in:
- The British & World English dictionary