- A tropical American tree that has blue trumpet-shaped flowers, fernlike leaves, and fragrant timber.
More example sentences
- Genus Jacaranda, family Bignoniaceae
- The focal point of the park is the now defunct fountain, surrounded by conifers, oaks, planes, jacarandas, and tipiana trees dropping their yellow blossoms.
- The Plaza, with its canopy of acacias, jacarandas and monkey-puzzles offers an oasis of calm from both the traffic noise and soaring heat of midday.
- Many have abundant gardens, with brilliant red poppies, orange marigolds, blue flax, pink clematis and jacaranda, and large cypress and eucalyptus trees.
mid 18th century: from Portuguese, from Tupi-Guarani jakara'nda.
More definitions of jacarandaDefinition of jacaranda in:
- The British & World English dictionary