Definition of jack mackerel in English:
A game fish of the jack family, occurring in the eastern Pacific.
- Trachurus symmetricus, family Carangidae
- It was followed by glittery portions of jack mackerel and a strip of crunchy octopus dusted with a mossy, gunpowderlike substance that Nagata identified as green-tea salt.
- Trawl fisheries catch jack mackerel in other areas including the Taranaki Bight and Chatham Rise.
- Food studies indicated that more than 90 percent of the identifiable items found in the stomachs of jack mackerel are crustaceans and small, free swimming mollusks.
Definition of jack mackerel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan