- 1A lantern made from a hollowed-out pumpkin in which holes are cut to represent facial features, typically made at Halloween.More example sentences
- But zucchini is a different matter: His squash grow so well - and so large - that he saves the biggest ones to carve as green jack-o'-lanterns for Halloween.
- He wasn't around last Halloween when someone smashed the six jack-o'-lanterns I carved to spell ‘BE SAFE.’
- Candlelit jack-o'-lanterns should be kept away from landings and doorsteps where costumes could brush against the flame.
More definitions of jack-o'-lanternDefinition of jack-o'-lantern in:
- The British & World English dictionary