informal Inject oneself with a narcotic drug.
- Eric was just tired and still a little jacked up on drugs, then they did some therapy and he got even more tired.
- He was still pretty much jacked up on drugs, and the rest of the team had practically left.
- And how else are you going stop a 350 pound guy, all jacked up on drugs?
(also jack-up rig)
An offshore drilling rig the legs of which are lowered to the seabed from the operating platform.
- Aminex chief executive Brian Hall said: ‘We have carefully reviewed all the drilling options for Nyuni and conclude that a jack-up rig is the most effective and appropriate option for drilling in this area.’
- The jack-up rig with its attendant work boat has been busy drilling and sampling the rock bottom of the harbour and bay while ashore a mobile drilling rig has been sampling along the breakwater.
- One option would be for exploration companies to club together to send a semi-submersible or jack-up rig to the East Coast, drilling a well in each of the four areas over the next four years at cost of $25 million each.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan