informal Inject oneself with a narcotic drug.
- Eric was just tired and still a little jacked up on drugs, then they did some therapy and he got even more tired.
- He was still pretty much jacked up on drugs, and the rest of the team had practically left.
- And how else are you going stop a 350 pound guy, all jacked up on drugs?
(also jack-up rig)
An offshore drilling rig the legs of which are lowered to the seabed from the operating platform.
- Aminex chief executive Brian Hall said: ‘We have carefully reviewed all the drilling options for Nyuni and conclude that a jack-up rig is the most effective and appropriate option for drilling in this area.’
- The jack-up rig with its attendant work boat has been busy drilling and sampling the rock bottom of the harbour and bay while ashore a mobile drilling rig has been sampling along the breakwater.
- One option would be for exploration companies to club together to send a semi-submersible or jack-up rig to the East Coast, drilling a well in each of the four areas over the next four years at cost of $25 million each.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.